Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Decorating

We have decorated our tree for Christmas. Ross and I agree that this is the first time in many years we are both excited about Christmas coming. Last year was fun but it just didn't feel like Christmas. Maybe it's because we were in the apartment and we had to travel. but, this year everyone is coming to see us and we're really excited. Our house is almost all decorated. And I'm baking tons of goodies!! The day we did our tree Ross got most of the lights on, and again we had just enough. And I put the ornaments on. I had to run to the store a few days later and get some candy canes because out tree was missing some. Sadly there was no tinsel on our tree but we don't want our kitty's to get sick. We can't wait to get some presents under the tree but for now it looks really pretty all lite up and decorated!!!

Gettin the lights on

First ornaments on

All light up and halfway done

Side all done, minus candy canes

All done, except the candy canes

Complete with candy canes and all!!!

The beginning of decorating our mantel.

Finished product!

What the cats did while we decorated!

Mom, Renee and I have already made up what we are having for Christmas dinner!! Rotisserie turkey, mashed spuds, sweet potato casserole, and so much more!!! I can't wait. Plus I'm making homemade cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning. It's a tradition you have to have cinnamon rolls Christmas morning. I'm so excited!! Christmas Eve service we're going to be going to North Wake....I've wanted to go since we moved (I know it's only been one year in NC) so I can't wait to see the kids play and everything. It'll be really nice to see all our friends at service on Christmas Eve and for my parents to meet them again.

Here's what I've baked so far, and what I have to go....

Choclate fudge

Beginning of peanut butter balls

Pumpkin bread (Lorren and I made for our neighbors)

Chocolate chip meringue cookies

What I have left to bake is...
*A second batch of chocolate chip meringue cookies
*7-layer brownies
*Haystacks
*Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies
*Chocolate Chip cookies
*Whoopie Pies
*Gingerbread Cookie

Possibly list..
*No Bake Cookies
*Easy fudge Brownies
*Chocolate Pretzel rods
*Caramel Apple Cookies

I also have to bake and huge gingerbread house before Christmas Eve because my sisiter and I are putting one together!!! I'm so excited, and I will take lots and lots of pictures. Small group is not having a contest but they got me hooked on huge elaborate gingerbread houses...this year being no different. So keep checking for pictures of that after Christmas!!!

Last I am happy to say the cats have yet to climb the tree! They hate the smell of orange so we put something that smells like orange at the bottom of the tree, worked so far. I hope it works till we take it down. And they are showing no intrest in the hanging stockings, which I am greatful for!

1 comments:

Sher Vogel said...

yum!

and i love your paint job! the christmas tree looks so great with it!

love you guys and merry christmas!