Monday, October 6, 2008

School Update

Well, it is offically half-way through the semester and I'm in awe. I feel like I just started yesterday. But, it's been great. This semester I have been challenged greatly by my Thology class. We have been learning that it is Christ alone that saves you and that you can't come to a saving grace through only revelation of God in creation. I have believed other wise for any years but talking about it in class makes me realize that if people could be saved that way then what's the point of the Great Commission and missionaries. My teacher has challenged me to think about everything I believe and test it aganist the Bible.

I'll be writing a paper soon about women's role in the church. And since the church is set up the same way as the family, it'll also deal with that. Just in the last week or so my view on this has changed. I'm excited to learn more while I write this paper.

So, in essence school is going great and I'm loving all my classes and how they are challenging me to actually think beyond just shoving things in my brain for a test. Moreover, I actually made it through mid-terms alive!!! But, as usually an abundence of desserts were baked at my house. So if you know it's mid-terms and want something sweet just stop by I'm probably baking.

I'm already trying to put together my schedule for next semester and it looks like I'll be taking a lot of counseling classes to fulfill requirements for state licensing.

0 comments: